February 1, 2021
Applications are now closed for the 2020-2021 Scholarships. Any questions contact CAPT Jim Toone, USN (Ret.) VP Operations, NHA Scholarship Fund firstname.lastname@example.org
February 1, 2021
Applying for an NHASF Scholarship
You are eligible to apply for an NHA Scholarship if you, your spouse, your parent, or your grandparent is: (1) a current member of NHA in good standing for three years (since 31 January 2018); or (2) a new NHA Lifetime Member on or after 15 Feb 2020; and (3) you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Active duty Enlisted (E-6 and below), with a current or past helicopter affiliation (stationed in a helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit) and their family members, are exempt from the NHA membership requirement. A recommendation or endorsement from his/her command is required.
Use the recommendation uploader on the web page for your Commanding Officer Endorsement.
We offer scholarships designated specifically for undergraduate, graduate, and active duty students and which range in value up to $5000. Applications may be completed online beginning September 1 and must be completed with all required documents submitted by January 31.
Before proceeding with Step 1 below, you will need the following information immediately to complete the prescreening. NHA Membership information is available to its members by logging into the NHA website, www.navalhelicopterassn.org and viewing their profile.
Do not begin the application process without this information in hand:
- NHA Member First Name
- NHA Member Last Name
- NHA Member Number
- NHA Membership Since Date
- NHA Lifetime Member Number if applicable
- If Sponsor/Applicant is: (1) Active Duty E-6 and below with a current or past helicopter affiliation (stationed in a helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit); (2) not an NHA Member, Yes or No
- If yes, Sponsor/Applicant Commanding Officer’s Recommendation Letter confirming the Sponsor/Applicant is currently serving in a USN, USMC, or USCG helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit.
- Write your proposed username and password down exactly before you start your access creation below.
Step 1: Prescreen Criteria-Pre-Approval Required Before Application Submittal-Log In and Submit Required Information below: