NEW APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
NHA offers scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students which range in value up to $4,500 (our 2024 goal)
How to Apply
Online applications are now open, September 1, 2023. New applications close on January 24, 2024. Applications must be completed and submitted with all required documents by January 31, 2024.. This means that New Applications/Pre-Screens close on January 24, 2024. Do not wait to submit your application.
Qualify: You are eligible to apply for a 2024 NHA Scholarship if (1) you, your spouse, your parent, or your grandparent is a current member of NHA (Individual personal member such as Officer, Enlisted or Civilian categories of active membership; NHA Corporate, Honorary, Institutions, Exhibitor Memberships does not meet this requirement.) in good standing for the last three years since 31 January 2021 or (2) a new NHA Lifetime Member on or after 15 Feb 2020, and (3) you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree or a trade certificate. Exemptions:
- Active duty Enlisted (E-6 and below), with a current helicopter affiliation (stationed in a helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit) and their family members, are exempt from the NHA membership requirement. A recommendation or endorsement from his/her command is required.
- A first tour active-duty O-1/O-2, who is a 2-Year "nugget" member of NHA, and his/her family are exempt from the three-year eligibility requirement.
- A first tour active-duty E-1-E-4, who is a 2 Year "nugget" member of NHA, and his/her family are exempt from the three-year eligibility requirement.
Apply: Before proceeding with your application, here are some helpful hints for successfully managing your scholarship application:
- Do not use a Navy/Marine Corps Internet connection. Use a normal internet connection.
- Use a laptop, desktop type computer. Do not try to manage this prescreen using a smart phone.
- Make sure the browser and computer you are using does not have an aggressive "Pop Up Blocker" in use.
Step 1: Begin your full application below by creating a user name/password and continue with your application. NHASF Staff will review your application for the specific prescreen information which you submit as part of your full application and only contact applicants who do not meet the required pre-screen criteria. Please submit your full application.
It will help if you have the following basic information before beginning your application process:
- NHA Member First Name
- NHA Member Last Name
- NHA Member Number
- NHA Membership Since Date
- NHA Lifetime Member Number if applicable
- If Sponsor/Applicant is: (a) Active-duty E-6 and below with a current or past helicopter affiliation (stationed in a helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit); (b) not an NHA Member, Yes or No
- If yes, Sponsor/Applicant Commanding Officer’s Recommendation Letter confirming the Sponsor/Applicant is currently serving in a USN, USMC, or USCG helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit.
- Write your proposed username and password down exactly before you start your access creation below.
- Write your Applicant ID # down as well for use in the future.
Step 2: complete your full application. You can return and submit your transcripts and letters of recommendation within the application or have them submitted using the special uploading options (Menu) Above) at any time while the application season is open till the January 31st deadline. Using those uploading options on the Menu Bar will require your applicant ID #.
- Arrange for an official school transcript sent from your school to: NHA Scholarship Fund
- Arrange for 1-2 letters of recommendation to be written on your behalf. Your recommender will need your scholarship application User ID to upload his or her letter to the website. Letters should be written by someone who can comment on your character, work ethic, personal integrity, and potential for academic or professional achievement. (For active-duty applicants, please have your Commanding Officer send one letter of recommendation.) Please have a minimum of one and no more than two letters uploaded on our website through our Recommendation Upload page: Click Here.
To learn more about NHA or become a member of NHA, please click here to apply online or contact NHA Headquarters at (619) 435-7139.
Begin your application below by creating a user name and password, followed by logging into your new application with your username and password