NHA Scholarship Fund
“Apply and Donate”
Since 1993, the NHA Scholarship fund has assisted over 400 rotary wing Navy, Marine, and Coast Guard personnel and their family members with well over half a million dollars of tuition assistance. Starting in 2020 with $2500, our NHA Scholarship Fund strategy increases the total amount of our scholarships by $500 each year, 2021 at $3000, and 2022 at $3500, culminating in 2025, when our goal is to award our scholarships at $5000 each. Thanks to the generosity of our individual donors, corporate partners, legacy and memorial awards, and investment income from the foresight of early donors.
Thank You to our 2022 Funders
Over 90 Individual Donors, average gift of over $200
Corporate Scholarships (6 awards)
Naval Helicopter Association
Raytheon – STEM Scholarship (perpetuity
USS Midway Foundation Scholarships
Memorial / Legacy Scholarships (6 awards)
Captain Bill Roop Memorial/HS-5 Night Dipper Legacy award
Charles Kaman Memorial (perpetuity)
Friend of Navy Helicopter Aviation: Dominic Sargiotto
Mark Starr Memorial (NHAHS)
Ream Family Memorial (perpetuity)
Teledyne FLIR Memorial
Don Patterson Associates (4 awards)
In 2022, from a highly qualified slate, we awarded SIXTEEN $3500 scholarships. Of note, four of our awardees earned repeat honors (*). NHASF granted two active-duty officer awards (USN and USCG), and two military spouse awards, including a Gold Star Family member.
- Lauren Jones, Reg 1 Director’s Scholarship/NHA, Cal Poly SLO
- Liam Conlon, USS Midway Museum Foundation, Southwestern CC
- Shane Ball*, NHAHS Mark Starr Memorial/NHA, U. Colorado
- Lucy Young*, Reg 2 Director/ NHA, U. Maryland,
- Lauren Adams, Teledyne FLIR Memorial, Washington U, St Louis
- Emma Marsh, Kaman Memorial/ NHA award, Wash & Lee U.
- Stephanie Navin, Reg 3 Director/ NHA, GA Tech
- Michael Pedicone, USS Midway Museum, Florida State College
- Sarah Reilein, NHA Director, Auburn
- Carly Vigeant*, HS-5/Capt Bill Roop Memorial/NHA award, ASU
- Bronwen Bailey, Teledyne FLIR, Wellesley College
- Julia Frey*, Raytheon STEM/NHA, The Ohio State U
- Joshua Wombolt, LT USCG, NHA BoD Scholarship, Purdue
- Victor Nguyen, LT USN, IHO D. Sargiotto, The Ohio State U
- Megan Buriak, Gold Star, USS Midway Museum, National U.
- My Le, Ream Family Memorial/ NHA, South College
NAVAL HELICOPTER ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP FUND (NHASF)
Applications are Open for 2023 Scholarships September 1, 2022!
The NHA Scholarship Fund will again accept 2023 applications from 1 September 2022 through 31 January 2023. Eligibility prescreening is required. Criteria includes: (1) the sponsor a current member of NHA in good standing three (3) years (since 31 January 2020); or (2) a new NHA Lifetime Member, living or deceased, on or after 15 Feb 2020; and (3) you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Active duty Enlisted (E-6 and below), with a current or past helicopter affiliation (stationed in a helicopter or MV-22 squadron or other helicopter aviation unit) and their family members, are exempt from the NHA membership requirement. A recommendation or endorsement from his/her command is required.