Charitable Giving to the Naval Helicopter Association Scholarship Fund (NHASF), a 501C-3 using your IRA, 401 Investment Fund
Those who are 72 ½ years of age or older can take advantage of a special approach to make a gift that has tax benefits [You generally have to start taking withdrawals from your IRA, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA, or retirement plan account when you reach age 72 (70 ½ if you reach 70 ½ before January 1, 2020). For those who reach age 72 after Dec. 31, 2022 and age 73 before Jan. 1, 2030, the RMD age would be 73.]. This popular gift option is called many things, from “IRA rollover,” “tax-free distribution,” or “QCD,” but know that it is a simple, tax-wise way to make a difference.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift directly from your IRA:
• Can eliminate income tax on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Navy Helicopter Association Scholarship Fund (NHASF).
• Can be used to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.
• See your philanthropic dollars at work by making a gift this year.
How It Works:
• Contact your IRA fund administer (Vanguard, Fidelity, Ameriprise, etc.) to initiate the transfer with your IRA plan administrator.
• Your administrator sends funds directly to Navy Helicopter Association Scholarship Fund (NHASF) exactly as you designate.
• OR, if you have IRA account check-writing privileges, you mail your check as indicated in the above directions.
• The amount you successfully transfer directly by December 31 is not counted as income on your annual tax filing – and therefore is not included for 2022 federal income tax purposes!
• Most importantly, your continued support will allow NHASF to award college scholarships to students from NHA member families (USN, USMC and USCG) to pursue their educational goals..
It’s that easy to make a difference today.
Please Donate Generously!
A 501 (c) (3) nonprofit charitable California corporation: tax ID # 33-0513766. Your generous donations are tax deductible.