How to Apply
You are eligible to apply for an NHA Scholarship if you, your spouse, your parent, or your grandparent are current members of the Naval Helicopter Association (NHA) and you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree. We offer scholarships designated specifically for undergraduate, graduate, and active duty students and which range in value up to $5000.
Applications may be completed online beginning October 1 and must be completed with all required documents submitted by January 31.
Step 1: Quality
To qualify for an NHA Scholarship, ensure that:
- You, your spouse, parent, or grandparent are current members of the Naval Helicopter Association. The application will ask for the NHA member’s membership number.
- You are a current or prospective college undergraduate or graduate student.
To learn more about NHA or become a member of NHA, please Click Here to apply online, or contact NHA Headquarters at (619) 435-7139.
Step 2: Apply
- Register for an NHA Scholarship account and obtain a User ID, which will be used to upload your letters of recommendation.
- Submit an online application. You will be able to save and return to edit your application before submitting it to the selection committee by the Jan 31st deadline.
- Arrange for an official school transcript to be sent from your school to:
NHA Scholarship Fund
- Arrange for 1-2 letters of recommendation to be written on your behalf. Your recommender will need your scholarship application User ID to upload his or her letter to the website. Letters should be written by someone who can comment on your character, work ethic, personal integrity, and potential for academic or professional achievement. (For active duty applicants, please have your Commanding Officer send one letter of recommendation.) Please have a minimum of one and no more than two letters uploaded on our website through our Recommendation Upload page: Click Here.